Module 1: Configuration Manager/Active Directory Integration in Complex Environments.
This module explains the requirements for integrating Configuration Manager with Active Directory in multi-domain and multi-forest environments. It also covers troubleshooting issues with Configuration Manager/Active Directory integration.
• Review of Configuration Manager/Active Directory-integration Requirements in a Single-Domain Forest.
• Integration Requirements in a Multi-domain Forest.
• Integration Requirements in a Multi-forest Environment.
• Troubleshooting Configuration Manager/Active Directory Integration.
• Labs: Resolving Errors in Configuration Manager/Active Directory Integration.
- Identifying the Cause of Integration Issues.
- Resolving Integration Issues.
Module 2: Deploying and Supporting the Configuration Manager Client on Devices Outside the Site’s Resident Forest.
This module explains how to configure a Configuration Manager hierarchy for the deployment and support of Windows client devices in untrusted domains, untrusted forests, and workgroups. It also explains how to extend large-scale support for clients into forests that are not currently trusted.
• Labs: Installing a Configuration Manager Site in a Currently Untrusted Domain.
• Support for Clients in an Untrusted Domain or a Workgroup.
• Site System Deployment in an Untrusted Domain.
• Configuration Manager Site Installation in a Currently Untrusted Forest.
• Labs: Supporting Clients in an Untrusted Domain.
- Configuring the Site to Support Clients in the Untrusted Domain.
- Configuring the Untrusted Domain to Support Client Installation.
- Deploying the Configuration Manager Client to a Device in an Untrusted Forest.
- Monitoring Software Deployment to a Client Device in an Untrusted Forest.
- Challenge: Configuring Active Directory System Discovery and Client-Push Installation for Devices in an Untrusted Forest (optional).
• Lab: Expanding Support for Clients in an Untrusted Domain.
- Deploying Site Systems in an Untrusted Domain.
Configuring Trusts and Security.
Configuring Active Directory Integration and Forest Discovery.
Installing the new Child Primary Site.
Challenge: Completing the Initial Configuration of the new Site (optional).